Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Form : Prefill linked record field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surula
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When could we prefill linked record field in a form view?

It could be really helpful to be able to prefill also linked record field with RECORD_ID() value for instance.

7 Comments
Evan_Rusackas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a potential dealbreaker for me. I have a list of applicants, and I need a form for each one, where a team of people to vote on the applicant. I need to be able to pre-select the candidate when I send the form to the team to vote on.

Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

There are ways around this issue - but you need to use Zapier or Integromat to help…

Send out the form with a pre-filled name or email address (the latter would be better as it should be unique) then use a Zap triggered by the new record the form creates to find the main record for the person and link the record up. I’ve done similar things loads of times in projects for clients.

It would, of course, be better if we didn’t have this restriction!!

Hope this helps.

Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Update from the Airtable team: we now support pre-filling linked record fields! It works the same as other field types: just include the name of the record you’d like to link to as a query parameter, formatted with + instead of spaces. Prefill away!

HammerOz
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This is a top little feature!

davide_trovati
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

please explain me with an example
TNKS
davide

Thomas_GOIRAND

@Matt_Bush your answer seems wrong, you pointed out a way to avoid a bug with spaces in fields names. Here, we are looking for a way to prefill links choices. Do you have any hint?

Best,

Status changed to: Launched
MaddieJ
Community Manager
Community Manager