Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Formatting options for Long Text

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Arlo_Haskell
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would love to see basic text formatting options for the long text field. At a minimum: bold and italic formatting would be a huge help.

I would like to use long text fields to store short bios for writers. But without the ability to have italic formatting, I canโ€™t properly format the titles of their books.

The markdown formatting tools available in this Airtable community message editor would be perfect.

154 Comments
Jason_Woodruff
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Okay, itโ€™s available in Blocks, a pro-plan feature. I see that now. :grinning:

Jason_Woodruff

Iโ€™m using an airtable to provide step-by-step manual guide to another app. Simple formatting using markdown would be great to see.

Laura_Prescott
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The blocks are for the whole base right? I couldnโ€™t have a separate block for each line in a table, could I?

Amy_Strickland
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love richtext in long text (like I seem to have here on this forum!) I write lesson plans on Airtable and use Kanban format to sort them into units while pulling from a separate tab with my academic standards. The ability to bold and use bullet points would make my notes so much easier to follow.

slyfox
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Some notes can be long and markdown can be very handy.

Ryan_Watters

Markdown is a fine suggestionโ€”and the only way I tend to do my personal writingโ€”but itโ€™s not the easiest thing in terms of user adopt; however, an RTE for โ€œnon-technicalโ€ users that could be added/removed as a boolean for long text (at minimum) would be a HUGELY POWERFUL feature. This seems like itโ€™s also one of the most common requests from end-users of AirTable. Has anyone heard anything from AirTable? Is there a public roadmap anywhere?

Guitar_Exchange

Adding my voice to the crowd here โ€“ this would be great to see! Specifically, we (a guitar store) push descriptions of instruments and other gear from Airtable to Reverb.com for online sale. The ability to create a bulleted list for describing features would be incredibly helpful!

Reuben
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would use this in several tables and Iโ€™ve spoken with friends who have signed up for Airtable because of my testimonies and a rich text editor would be a huge feature.

Bill_Sewell

Jumping in here as well. My client wants to send followup emails from Airtable (yes, a very CRMy thing to do) and needs a signature included. Iโ€™m hacking together a solution somehow now but would love a better approach down the road (HTML).

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

@Katherine_Duh #1 use case: copying and pasting formatted copy blocks from Airtable to InDesign (or Word, or whatever). Simple as that. Bold, and ital are essential. Underline and strikethrough are nice to haves.