Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Limit linked record selection to a view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury
123 Comments
dvo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 We are evaluating using Airtable. Considering the power of the software, I’m surprised it doesn’t already have this capability. We might not be able to use it for our purposes without it.

Kenny_Curry
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this please! There are countless scenarios where this would help. Especially as an admin, the more I can streamline the processes in my base, the better the adoption for my team.

Erica_Greenwood
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 from me too!

Right now I have a table that allows you to select a species; Canine, Equine, Feline and Other. I then have a list all the Canine, Equine and Feline Breeds. I don’t have any idea how to accomplish this without filtering based on the species. This is a blocker as I don’t want variations of the breeds entered into the base.

Thanks,
Erica

Michael_Hopkins
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. Just ran into this trying to allow a linked record to choose from a subset of a table of people.

Proa_Filippi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a must ---- A easy way is use a LINK TO ANOTHER VIEW ----

mmachado
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You guys must be kidding it isn’t available yet. Airtable is inclined way more towards an online spreadsheet than an online database. I’m evaluating the system for a serious research data collection and control, but I’m unable to manage even a small recipe cookbook without this feature.

Although in the PRO version we have “More colors and styling options”. Wow. Thanks!

Gerald_Lenaz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here as well. I’m wondering why there isn’t a way to have the formulas access fields in other tables (i.e., like Excel can access cells in other worksheets).

Matt_Stevenson

Also looking for a way to apply a signup functionality in an Airtable Form. Has anyone found a way to make this work?

Ideally, once a person (or specified number of people) selects a shift from a dropdown, then future people would not be able to sign up for that shift. It seems like this could be linked somehow with a field that indicates the number of available slots. Once that limit is reached one of the options in the dropdown would disappear.

MarkD_K
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Lets do this. No brainer - shirley.

Link to view

Achim_Baur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Blocks are nice, no doubt. But this is the nitty-gritty where I was hoping Airtable would iterate faster.