Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Limit linked record selection to a view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury
123 Comments
surula
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This feature would be REALLY appreciated here as well!

brian_money

+1 Really need this functionality for our PIM. Need to be able to select from predefined product attribute values to enforce consistency.

alrotillman

Hello,

I am trying to do what you mention above: limit which records appear in the linked record picker based on another variable in the linked table. I am not clear how I would do this with a formula or lookup field. Can you explain more?

Thanks,
Alex

Aaron_Nackos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to do this?

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

No, there’s not. (these characters are merely here to meet the character limit)

Mitch_Lathrop
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any traction on this feature? Seems like limiting the linked record to a specific view on the linked table would be the best way to do this.

Brock_Taffe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Katherine, has there been any updates on this? I’m currently at looking to move from Podio to Airtable and this is one of the key features I need. I have 500 applications come in via a web form for Volunteers and I’d like to assign them shifts, however, I’m currently getting all the shifts that are already allocated and I can’t filter them out. I’m currently paying for Pro, so if there is an unreleased Beta I can subscribe to please let me know!

Chip_Nowacek
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here too — needs to limit possible links

brian_money

+1

We have a product content managment system. Products have multiple attributes, many attributes have pre-defined values. It would be very nice to select the attribute and restrict values to the pre-defined.

Ryan_Lavalley

+1 This would be an immensely helpful feature for me and multiple different projects! Allowing people to choose from a filtered list could improve forms and general data entry so much!