Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Limit linked record selection to a view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury
123 Comments
Achim_Baur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes! This!

Add 1) filter and 2) sort and we are done here.

(And for bonus points add 3) the field that should be displayed).

As Chris demonstrated it is not a UI problem.

Achim_Baur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This thread is now two and a half years old. C’mon Airtable, you can do this!

Adam_Romary
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes, this would be an excellent and powerful addition! Please, please, please!

Carlos_M_Castil

The (B) option should be “simple” to implement, and seems elegant and Airtabley.

jowan_qupty
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for the linked records filtering

Mary_Grace_Henn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This feature would be helpful for us too - I’ve got a scenario where I have stores broken into regions - we pick the region on one table early on and then later pick which store will go with it - and ideally the user would only be able to pick stores that are in that region.

Curt_Kanemoto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please add this feature! My use case is in the entertainment industry for representation relationship of managers/agents and their clients.

Peter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is the best possible solution for that problem.
+1 I really need this ASAP!
I’m sure that this misssing filter for linked data is the weakest point of Airtable. I do not understand why it was not solved during the last 2 years…?
It would be nice to see where is this “new feature” on Airtable development roadmap.

Evan_Farrar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1, pretty new to airtable. I have been using it as a reference file for documents. Some documents are templates, and some documents are filled out versions of those templates, so I’d like to be able to link back to the original template on any copy. now that I have many documents, I want just the “templates” to appear in the selection list

Doug_Rawson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. I was just introduced to air table and at first look it seemed like the perfect solution for a whole bunch of business needs. Without this function the platform is really unusable for my needs. Too bad looked so promising. Hopefully this gets added soon.