Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Record Duplication Detection, Deduping, and Duplicate Merging

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would love to have a feature that would search a given table by a field or set of fields to find and surface duplicate rows. It would then be great to be able to take a pre-defined action on duplicated rows such as delete, or merge. Dealing with dupes is always a pain with large data sets or importing new data into a set where some records may already exist. A way to deal with dupes in a somewhat automated way would be really helpful.

93 Comments
Michael_William
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Same here. We track jobs by job name and sometimes people will refer to a job by slightly different names. When we realize the jobs are the same I would like to combine the records.

Daniel_Pettitt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

i auto number a column for the barcodes, also have put in the formula for check digit.

All unique as i do not enter numbers ad-hock by hand. Let the formula do it and then use them

cheers

daniel

Steffen_Bunau
5 - Automation Enthusiast

At 3000 records, I also need duplicate detection!

BlackO

+1 duplicate detection

I need to be able to make sure a value in a table is unique. Its used to handle ID tags, and we need an easy way to detect if a tag already has been assigned to someone, without having to do a search every time.

jinpa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for automatic dublicates detection

Devin_Castaldi-
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for a dups filter!

Erin_Young
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

another +1 for a dupe detect feature

Erin_Stein
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1!!! for detecting duplicates!

Devin_Castaldi-
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for auto detect dups! Major weakness of the platform and tons of ppl looking! and without a COUNTIF function all the workarounds are too much for a simple ask.

Georgie_Rubens

+1!

Some more context on my use case…
I am using Airtable to manage an events calendar which my organization (~100 people) uses too see what events others are going to, speaking at etc. I’m also encouraging everyone to contribute to the events calendar by filling out a form.

I’m looking for a mechanism that will stop people from recording the same event twice, and for a way to add or edit existing events on the calendar.