Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Storage Upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurt_Germaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Increasing the number of automations in a base was awesome! They doubled, which saved me from having to find other solutions. I’m VERY thankful for that.

Increasing storage based on plan would be an incredible next step. The pricing structure versus what you get for storage has a huge disparity.

Free plans get two
Plus gets five
Pro gets twenty
And enterprise gets one thousand.

Pro is in need of a horsepower upgrade - we use Airtable enough to need enterprise, but its price is a cliff. I think the storage should be somewhere around this per base:

Free plans get two
Plus gets twenty
Pro gets fifty
And enterprise gets one thousand.

I’d take more, but that feels like an absolute minimum. I’d love a way to increase storage on a base, or at least have an option for 100gb or so that we would want so that we don’t have to think about storage or the logistics of hosting it elsewhere.

As a database, it is supposed to be our one source of truth. This makes it way easier having the media we need hosted here. A 20gb limit hamstrings that intention.

Sure, it’s solved with more bases, but that is annoying and confusing for the end user.

2 Comments
m1544
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

No, this will never happen. Airtable is too happy with Enterprise clients to entertain any meaningful changes to it's pricing scheme. Seems like the VC's funding airtable aren't concerned at all with the fact that most consumer customers leave Airtable once they realize they can get cheaper scalable alternative elsewhere. 

The sad part is how easy it would be to include lower tier customers... ALLOW US TO UPGRADE LIMITS!!! Is it so ridiculous for a SAAS company to not offer its users more access without paying 200% more per user for one extra feature? Can I not just pay for that dang extra storage???? 

m1544
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Anyone exploring Airtable... look at past forum requests for flexibility to increase limits . You will see that Airtable rarely responds to consumer feedback. They clearly are only incentivized and care for their Enterprise clients. This is not a scalable platform at all. Truly a shameful pricing model.