Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Suggestion: Updating records on a sorted criteria - highlight them only at first - do not make the record move and dance until I am done

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This is small suggestion for Airtable design.
When the records are sorted by a criteria and when the criteria in the field gets updated (and sorting is applied) the record already starts moving around. I find itโ€™s a bit ennoying when I am still in the record trying to update addional fields.

My suggestion is to highlight the record as it is highlighted now (by orange glow, thatโ€™s fine), but do not make the record dance around like it is trying to evade me. Let me finish with the record, I may want to edit additional fields in the record.

When I take my cursor away from the record (when I click outside of the record), then sort the record.

Itโ€™s a small cosmetic change and I find it is more than enough when the record glows orange. No need to have it dance around. I am not suffering from dislexia, but I could imagine people who manage to deal with dislexia or similar conditions may feel claustrophobic when the records attempts to run away too quickly.

Maybe also adding a delay of 1 second would be great. So if I accidentially get out of that record, I can go quickly back and continue editingโ€ฆ Before the record disappears and I need to go fishing for it because it goes by the updated order.