Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Support for WebP image import in attachment fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KPR
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I love the ability to import images via a URL. One thing I’ve recently encountered is the inability to import images in the WebP format. Use of this image format is quickly becoming (annoyingly) widespread. This would likely require converting the images to JPG on import for storage, but that would be simple enough to code. (See: developers . google . com/speed/webp/docs/using)

Currently, I’m having to use a third-party website to convert WebP images to JPG, and that adds another 5-8 steps in the process to import an image via URL. I would rather not have to leave Airtable to import WebP images as this is a function I use a LOT.

1 Comment
Brooke_Noelle

I am having the same issue - did anyone get back to you on this/figure a way to download webp images using some sort of automation? I am currently trying to use the airtable automation (provide item image link - automation uploads image to a field I have specified).

Appreciate your (or anyones) help on this!