Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Table View Groups

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Buehnerke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be nice to be able to group table views into groups or folders that could be collapsed.

The real problem probably isn’t with needing views grouped so much as the base creator being able to modify a collaborator’s personal view. As the creator, I manage the base but due to the complexity of databases, the collaborator-user may change something on their view that inadvertently “breaks” its usability, they then need to make it collaborative to be fixed.

Since I need to be able to fix/add to my users’ views, I keep them either collaborative or locked which means that I have many many views, making for a cluttered and long list. Having folders would allow me to group the views either by purpose or user.

1 Comment
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @Chris_Buehnerkemper ! I wanted to share a quick update that we’ve releases a new “View sections” feature to help better organize and manage your views. You can learn more about it in this topic: Organize everything with view sections