Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Task Management like Jira

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshchilds
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

I love what Airtable can do and we have been using this for prioritisation of work and making clearer views for leadership. We currently are using Jira for the delivery of projects as allows us to comment, add files and have continued conversation with tracked comments/deliverables and set sub tasks based off the ticket number. We would love if Airtable has similar where off one card we could have all the tasks associated and track comments based on the sub tasks 

How does is solve the user problems?

Allows us to have both planning and delivery of projects in one place 

How was this validated?

Allows for teams to run clear projects from start to end 

Who is the target audience?

Project Managers and teams running projects

2 Comments
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

You can absolutely do everything Jira can do in Airtable. The difference is perhaps best put by this analogy; do you want to buy a house move in ready or do you want the freedom to renovate it and make it your own? Teams who want best practices shown to them prefer tools that bake this in. Teams who already have their own best practices want a tool that can support them.

My new team uses Jira and I come from a role where I personally evaluated 14 modern PM tools and steered an entire marketing org towards Airtable. Jira has its perks and quirks. In my former role, it was managed by another team and we’d never truly have the flexibility and autonomy to own our teams data that Airtable provides. If your whole company is in Jira then it can be difficult to make the switch. As far as task management, calendaring custom dates, resource capacity planning, controlling your own intake forms, iteration speed, etc. etc., Airtable wins IMO.

joshchilds

Thanks Stephen 

The team are bought in on the planning side and we are using Airtable well to prioritise and view work that we are going to start. We however are trying to look at how we can manage tasks management as there would be 10+ teams working on each request and need to see how we log comments/progress of work building in assessments to the tasks and ensure that comments are timestamped. Jira works well for this part and not seen a use case as of yet in Airtable that brings us close to what we have. I have been able to replicate our view from Jira in airtable interface but are not able to use the long field to track comments in the interface. Ideally we would need the interface view for project management as we have 100s of people who would view this and easier for them to work on instead of on grid views