Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Text size options, especially in column headers

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Local_Digs
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Allow user to increase or decrease text size for entire base or just for column headers. Checkbox columns waste so much screen space unless I keep the header of the column to 2-3 letters.

18 Comments
Kristin_McCarth
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Totally agree - need to be able to decrease font size

Bharat_Batra

I second this. Given airtableโ€™s recommendation to have multiple columns in the same table, and separate using views, header names can become super long. Eg. for different platforms in different months, Iโ€™ve got headers like โ€œWayfair units jan 20โ€, โ€œWayfair units feb 20โ€, โ€œAmazon units mar 20โ€, โ€œWalmart units jan 20โ€ etc.

With these long headers, tables become unreadable. Simply changing the header height is important, independent of the body. The body only needs extra height for long text, but headers can use it for any data type.

Would love to see this get prioritized.

Ryan_Schmid

Adjustment of font size, header height &/or angle, and more format flexibility in the grid view is a must to make more efficient use of screen size and layout. Anyone aware if this will be a forthcoming feature?

April_Kastner
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I guess Iโ€™ll just add on to a vote for this, even though it seems to have been years with no movement on it ๐Ÿ˜•

Janice_Newman

I totally agree. I spent so much time setting up Airtable only to find that it is very difficult if not impossible to read the headers. Maybe the developers think itโ€™s โ€œcoolโ€ to have such a small and faint font, but one day they will be over 40 and see that it is anything but. I am so sorry to have spent all this time building a table only to not be able to use it. This is definitely not ADA compliant.

Nicole_Hess
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The faint text, basically grey on grey doesnโ€™t even seem to meet accessibility criteria. I canโ€™t understand how this hasnโ€™t been addressed.
Suffice to say, another vote for this thread!

Manny_Vergara

Another vote for this thread! Need to be able to expand the height of the header in the same way as row height to allow for more visibility of titles without having to expand horizontally.

Emar_Vegt1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes please. Allowing multi-line column headers would make the presentation of larger tables with similar field titles much better.