Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Time Field Type

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_Stokes
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I built a base to track my medicine but need a time field type to improve it. Any chance that could be developed? You probably want to build in standard time where user can designate their time zone and what is known as military time.

66 Comments
Magoon

I too would appreciate a Time field (beginning and end), not only to calculate duration, but with outlook integration, it would be a total game changer to have certain things appear on your calendar during the right time frame!!!

Mathias
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 from me for dedicated Time field type holding only a time-of-day, without date and allowing for easy calculation of durations.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

+100 for either a CURRENT_TIME function that is persistent, or a button (or key-command, a la Google Sheets) to insert a timestamp. We need this SO badly. Manual entry of date/time is prohibitively laborious.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Or, just a simple WHEN function… Being able to calculate when X field last equaled Y value would be MAJOR.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

To be fair, I’d missed until yesterday, that you could double-click within a Date field to pop-up the today button. I’d always assumed you had to start typing the date… That said, though this “discovery” eases things for us a bit, it’s by no means discoverable. We’d still prefer the option of checkbox-for-timestamp, or an in-line “Now” button (maybe even one near full-cell, that appears upon roll-over/hover).

Or hell… A new “Button” field type, that could trigger any number of formulas/scripts. :winking_face: Buttons within a grid layout make natural sense.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If your cursor is selected into a date field (with or without a time), then use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+; (or Cmd+; on a Mac) it’ll automatically put in the current date/time.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Amaze. Thanks Katherine! :raised_hands:

Sahra_Stolz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for a time field. Organising timetable for 85 classes over a 12 week university semester and I can’t put in the time that each class starts :unamused:

Fisher_Low
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to use that time field to build my personal flying data base.

drassi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’d also appreciate either a standalone “Time” field without a date, OR a formatting switch on the “Duration” field to accommodate time of day display, to be able to store data such as ‘8:00 AM’ or ‘5:00 PM’. The duration field can’t really work for this use case for us, as we don’t use military time and use the AM/PM meridiem designators when entering data. We have recurring weekly time slots, not attached to any particular date, and would like to be able to store these natively and enter them as seamlessly as all our other fields.