Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Triggering back gesture in Chrome (on MacOS) when scrolling to the left

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Andrew_Kalinchu
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Every time I try to scroll left using two fingers on one of my tables, it is triggering the touchpadโ€™s back gesture in Chrome.

38 Comments
Alexander_Soro1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Itโ€™s very annoying, but you can turn that off in trackpad settings. I set mine to three-finger swipe instead of two-finger.

Alex

Kasra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

In which views are you running into this issue (grid, gallery, kanban)?

Andrew_Kalinchu

Yeah I figured I could turn it off in trackpad settings, but was thinking it was maybe a bug? It doesnโ€™t happen in Google Sheets. And it happens in the grid view and also kanban, but not all of the time.

Dave_Nykanen

I experience this in grid view. Very annoying.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

To turn off the two-finger swipe scrolling through pages, go to System Preferences > Trackpad > More Gestures > Swipe Between Pages, then select โ€œSwipe with three fingersโ€ from the dropdown.

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 12.18.47 PM.png

Jeff_Lee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Will this be fixed? It doesnโ€™t happen for any other project organization website - itโ€™s most definitely a bug here.

Kasra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

In which view types are you running into this issue (grid, kanban, etc)?

Jeff_Lee1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Kasra I am seeing it in the grid view. It manifests on and off. I am on Google Chrome.

Kasra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Thanks, and just to verify: does it happen when scrolling directly over grid view? Itโ€™s expected that the back gesture will trigger if you scroll above the view, for example in the view bar or table tabs area:

scroll-back-gesture.gif

Chris_Barber1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Kasra For me it (triggering back gesture) does happen when scrolled directly over the grid view. Latest MacOS and Chrome Stable Channel.