Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Turn off creating row by clicking anywhere

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Michael_Andrew
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Creating records should be a purposeful thing. Auto creating a record by clicking below a record rather than only when clicking the + is annoying and leads to lots of blank records. Please allow to turn this off.

3 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I agree that this would be a valuable feature to have. I like the ability to click into an empty row beneath our current data, BUT I donโ€™t think that the empty row should actually turn into a new record until we actually start typing in some data.

Markus_Wernig
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I am annoyed by this behavior too. Zapier currently sends me an email when a new record is created in a table. If the collaborator adds a blank row by accident, I get a notification email for nothing. The ability to create a new record by ONLY clicking on the + button would fix this. - This could be an optional behavior.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Wow, I didnโ€™t even think of that. That would be really annoying if you have a Zapier or Integromat automation set to trigger with every new record created.