Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Upload static images to Page Designer from a file

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Chris_Sanders
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Page Designer allows for static text and images, but the images have to be accessed via a URL. We have images that we canโ€™t locate at a public URL, but would still like to include them on a printable page. As such, weโ€™d love to see the ability to upload images to Page Designer.

15 Comments
William_Brown
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We have the same needโ€ฆ to upload an image to the page designer. The image we want to use is not publicly available.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This is a feature weโ€™re considering, but in the meantime, you can upload an image to an Airtable attachment field, then right-click on the image when youโ€™re viewing it to get a URL for that image.

Hellene_Gronda
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thanks, I tried to do this - uploaded my images to a new table called Images into the attachment field, but when I copied the URL into the designer block nothing seemed to happen. Any further tips?

Definitely would like the ability to upload images to the page designer in a more straightforward way and without needing a URL, would greatly improve functionality, thanks!

Julie_Barber

Would super love this feature. Iโ€™ve been struggling all day just to get our logo on the page! I tried uploading to my onedrive and my google drives and linking from there but it wonโ€™t allow me, even when the images are set to public. I also uploaded to our wix website but canโ€™t get a public link for those since they arenโ€™t actually viewable on our page. Itโ€™s getting very frustrating. Iโ€™ll add it as an attachment but Iโ€™m not a fan of having to create a whole table just for image use. Itโ€™s wreaking havoc on my OCD!

Lori_Barger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree, would be great to have the ability to totally customize a PDF to capture data for clients in the page designer block, without having to print a view and then save as PDF and add a logo thereโ€ฆjust seems cumbersome. You guys have an awesome product, keep it comingโ€ฆ

Dana_Selzer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree with the above!

William_Brown
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Helene, I wasnโ€™t having success with this either. But I tried it again, this time when I opened the
image to full size from within the airtable base/record where I had it stored, I right clicked on the
image and selected โ€œCopy Image Addressโ€. Then in the Page Designer Image url field, I did a
Paste. This worked for me. Previously, I was literally copying the url in the browser url field which
I wouldโ€™ve expected to work, but it didnโ€™t - I just saw a question mark in a box.

Hope this helps you.

Hellene_Gronda

Thank you! that completely did the trick and I was able to add the logo. Much appreciated.

Jonathan_Schofi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just to say thanks, Katherine, your tip worked fine for me.

For the benefit of others:

1. I created an SVG logo file (because itโ€™s scalable without loss of quality and should stay crisp in a Print to PDF process)*
  2. Created a Table in my Base called Assets
  3. Added the logo to an Assets record
  4. Expanded the Attachment field with the logo, and clicked the larger preview to show the full size image on overlay
  5. Right clicked on the full size image and selected Copy Image Address (Chrome), and pasted that URL into my Image item in Page Designer. (NB: not the URL shown in the browser address bar.)
  • If using Illustrator to generate an SVG image, be sure to convert any use of CSS classes that define fill or stroke colours into fill or stroke attribute values on the SVG elements. Iโ€™m not sure, but I think Airtable strips out any <style> element in the SVG code.
daphnedsm
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you! I have been attempting to learn on my own with Airtable and this thread has been so helpful.