Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Views organization should get some love

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nimesh
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I love Airtable and can’t be thankful enough for the amazing product.

However, I would be happy if some of the things were implemented. It feels very unorganized when you have multiple views.

1. First, I think separator or some sort of grouping would make it much cleaner and easier to understand.
  2. Secondly, I think “Add a view” section is too big. It feels like it’s aimed for new users but it always draws me to create a new view even if I don’t need one. Most of the time we are interacting with pre-existing views rather than creating a new view. So, I don’t think it should be getting that much focus. Instead, the focus should be on pre-existing views. Something like this can be done as shown in the attached image. This also gives extra room for additional views. The options pops up when we click “Add a new view” button. The new users should easily get hang of it within the few minutes of using airtable.
  3. Third, it’s a minor thing but may be the search icon should align with the icons of the views.

Views Suggestion

Thank you.

2 Comments
Ariel_Gross

Great suggestions.

I have lots of views. I make templates and duplicate them frequently, then use filters to change up what the view is displaying.

One thing that can be a bit onerous is reordering the views. Currently, to move a view, you have to click and drag the view to the top or bottom edge of the list so that it will scroll through the views. In some other programs, you can click and hold an item while using the mouse wheel to quickly scroll through a list, and then drop the item where you want it to go. I would love to be able to do this in Airtable as well.

Good suggestions, Nimesh. Thanks.

Nimesh

Thanks Ariel. Also, great suggestions.

As you talked about template, I recalled something similar.

There is something called copy another view’s configuration. There should also be an option of keep copying the original one. Because sometimes there can be many views and if something changes on the original view, we have to repeat the process. This is also a very useful thing that i feel Airtable should consider.