Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

We need views on android!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Aaron
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Only list view on Android is not near enough for what we need! Please add the different views on Android!

17 Comments
Bruce_Martin1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any plan to increase the views on Android?

Noah_Arroyo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m adding my voice here. We NEED THIS.

Android doesnโ€™t even have grid view โ€” a default on iOS. In the Airtable community, Android users are second-class citizens. (And this hits a nerve with me because Apple products are generally more expensive, prohibitively so for me.)

List view is inadequate for Airtableโ€™s primary purpose: functionally visualizing massive data quickly and easily. As a planning and tracking tool it is therefore useless for users on the go.

Airtable is growing, and the company has added tons of features in recent years. Excellent. Now itโ€™s time to extend some of that good stuff to Android users.

Joe_Lucky
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey! I agree! Please add android views. Like take my money and add it. Lol

Kirsty_Park
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is definitely needed. I love the functionality of Airtable but the app is extremely limited with the current view. I would love to see calendar added.

Brian_Christen1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I had been using a different database app for Android that had a true grid view (aka table view) on their Android app, but not on their desktop app! After waiting for that (in vain) for years, I finally discovered AirTable! Problem is, AirTable has a true grid view (aka table view) via the desktop, but not on Android! :confused: Iโ€™d rather stay on AirTable, because it has additional features over the other database app (namely multi-layered filters :slightly_smiling_face: ), but if I am forced to choose between a table/grid view on the desktop or a table/grid view on Android, I might have to say the table view on Android is more/most important to me, which means not staying with AirTable :frowning: Why must I be forced to choose between those things?..Why canโ€™t AirTable have a grid/table view on Android?

Thank you for the otherwise great product of AirTable!

Indresh_Kumar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Iโ€™ve using airtable for over a year now and the Android app has seen no major updates - itโ€™s pretty much abandoned

Kira_Arneson1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I agree!!! When will Android users be able to view things in an actual table or calendar format on mobile? They are the two views I use the most. The card view on Android is so frustrating. I hate having to open every record and scroll around a bunch to see my data.

Iโ€™m also very annoyed that I can not scroll when using airtable in a web browser on any touch screen devices (I have Android and Windows devices) I wish I could use airtable on a tablet without the need of a keyboard.

Joel_R_Putnam
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1. I tried using Firefox and request the desktop site on my Android, but scrolling is impossible for some reason. I think Google Sheetsโ€™ mobile app could be a good demonstration of how grid views could work on mobile.

Romain_Derenne
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wow pretty disappointing that in 2019 there are still differences like that between iOS and Android!! I agree we need these views on Android! Canโ€™t be that hard to put in place. Any update on that end Airtable?

Leo_Ringer

Adding to the calls for upgrades to the Android app. Definitely need grid view but also kanban to make this a replacement for trello for tasks. The current Android app is well below whatโ€™s needed for users paying a fair amount for airtable every month and is almost a reason to quit and use a different product. Surely this is an easy win for airtable - please get it sorted.