Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Wrappable Column Titles

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ted_Pearlman
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Seems that almost all of my fields in almost all of my tables have more text in the column titles then they do in the records.

62 Comments
Cindi_Gay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Me too! Even a pop up of the full description would be helpful. I often forget what the column headings are, especially for check boxes!

Lindsay_Speer

YES PLEASE. This feature is desperately needed.

Jason_Lee1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love this feature
I usually try to keep column names short for this reason but sometimes itโ€™s not possible. Itโ€™s cumbersome to have to hover over the column header and then having to wait for the full name to appear. Iโ€™d be nice to be able to always keep the full name in view

Brandon_Thompso
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Came to the Forum for exactly this. Please add this functionality.

Rafael_Appsimpl
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree this would be very useful

Fiona_Tilley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wrapping column titles is an absolute necessity! Please add it for us!

Joanne_O_Donnel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™ve only been using airtable for a few hours and already found 2 thinks I think are essential that canโ€™t be doneโ€ฆ this and embedding a hyperlinkโ€ฆ I may not go further with the productโ€ฆ

Butterfilms
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The lack of wrapping text in the Grid view is likely to be a big problem for me as I work towards pitching AirTable to my team.

More specifically, when hitting the space bar in order to see a recordโ€™s contents (in that floating box), the column titles are still cut short in this context if they are longer than the width of that pop up box. This prevents us from using AirTable in a way that I have seen Trello cards used with task descriptions and check boxโ€™s in a list form.

If there is another way to do this, please let me know.

Ben_Schweitzer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

3 years later how is this not a thing yet?! This seems so essential, simple and straightforward! Definitely need this asap.

Pascal_LEFEVRE
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It is indeed incredible that after 3 years of regular request, nothing has been done to answer to thisโ€ฆ