Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Wrappable Column Titles

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ted_Pearlman
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Seems that almost all of my fields in almost all of my tables have more text in the column titles then they do in the records.

62 Comments
Purley_Language
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Airtable_Ops please develop this feature! You pitch yourselves as the optimum space for fully manipulable spaces of masses of data but we canโ€™t have wrapped column titles?

Please.

Melvin_Corners
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The fact that there is no response from AirTable after years of people asking for this feature is increasingly frustrating and really drives away customers into using other platforms. +1 for Wrappable Column Titles, but also wrappable cells as well. There are cell options for small, medium, tall, extra tall. But it would be exceedingly more useful if the cells would just be the height of the content of the cell. Just keep wrapping the data to fit whatever width the user has specified like Google Sheets and Excel does. Come on, AirTable! I really like using your product, but this feature can not be that difficult to implement. AT LEAST give the community some kind of update. Itโ€™s been over three years with nothing. At least tell us if you CANโ€™T do it. Thatโ€™s better than nothing.

Martin_Hopkins

Me Too needing this. Or perhaps a vertical option?

Julie_Sheffield

+1 for the vertical option! Iโ€™m trying to replace spreadsheets with a bunch of checkbox columns, but it ends up getting way too wide to see. On the spreadsheet, we just rotate the column header so we can read the whole label but still fit all the columns on the screen at the same time. But in airtable, not only does the column width have to be wide enough for the whole title, the various controls also take up room! Things like this are a real barrier to usabilityโ€“Iโ€™m having trouble getting the exec team comfortable switching away from spreadsheets because they canโ€™t see as much at once.

Trinh_Ngoc_Dzun
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I definitely need this also. Iโ€™m tired of manually expanding the title to see what it is in a table full of checkboxes.

Steve_Penson

Agreed. This would be useful additional functionality.

James_Mitchell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m yet another new user who likes AT generally, but finds the lack of wrapping column names a major impediment. Please do it.

Ben_Ouderkirk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

4 years nowโ€ฆ Hello?

Flavio_Lira1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please, Airtable! Iโ€™m trying to help my wife transition from Excel to Airtable and this makes it way more difficult.

Bharat_Batra

I spent 4 whole days building a prototype of our inventory management system in airtable, only to have my boss come back saying โ€œif I need to pull the data down from airtable into excel and format it again to look at my report, whatโ€™s the point?โ€

I love airtable, but for the mainstream excel user to adopt it, there are 2 very basic features it NEEDS to have.

1. Wrappable column tiles
    I have columns where the data inside is 1-2 characters, but the columns take up 50-100px on the screen. This means I cannot look at a full report without scrolling, and with scrolling I may lose some context.

2. Colored columns
    Some columns, particularly formulas/rollups are more important than others. With tables having 100s of columns in some cases, it is very useful to color code columns and easily find the data you need.

We are now looking at using Excel in the cloud with Script Lab as an alternative, as reporting is key to my organization. But I much prefer AirTable and want to see it succeedโ€ฆhighly recommend working on this feature - looking at this thread thereโ€™s many who have been pushing for it and 4 years with no progress is kind of a scary sign