Help

Re: Airpress, the Wordpress plugin (formerly named Airfields) has launched!

2634 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m proud to announce the public release of Airpress, a plugin for Wordpress.org websites!

f8489fd96f348bab078cc641c28af3d21379bd92.png

Airpress gives you access to all your Airtable data, allowing you to create Wordpress websites that are fully integrated with your precious Airtable data. Read more on http://wordpress.org/plugins/airpress

Do you think you’ll install the Airpress plugin?

• Nope. I’m good with Airtable
  • Nope. I don’t have a Wordpress website
  • Sure. I might give it a try sometime
  • Yes! I need to display Airtable data right now!

0 voters

69 Replies 69

Cool! Be sure to post support requests to https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/airpress/

Setting up the regular expressions can be tricky, so feel free to post a couple sample URLs and what tables/columns you want data to be pulled from on the URLs and I can help you get it setup.

Stuart_Brameld
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

great thanks Chester, will do.

Amy_Keys
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey Chester…I’d love for you to join the Airtable for Web Professionals Facebook group. It would be the perfect place to increase the usage for your plugin.

Hi, Amy -

Of course this blocks us non-facebook users from seeing what is being talked about. I already have plenty of sites mining my data. I wonder if it would be possible to post a digest of facebook entries somewhere in this thread or discussion group.

Amy_Keys

Hi Roger,

I respect your position. However, I disagree with your use of the term
"blocks" non Facebook users.

Inviting Chester to join a group of web professionals looking to learn more
about how Airtable can help them seems appropriate considering his plugin
is for WordPress.

I created that Facebook group based on a discussion in another highly
respected members only group. If the audience lives and breathes in a
Facebook group, then that’s where I shall grow it.

You have an open invitation to join at any time if you ever change your
mind.

-Amy

Adam_Chasen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Can I use this API to be able to have users modify air table records from a wordpress site?

javieroneil

Cross-posting here because the WP support forum for the plug-in is nonresponsive…

I watched the videos, read everything in the forums, etc. but just can’t seem to get this to work.

Points of confusion:

• Airtable Field to be used as post_name: my-list-of-furniture.

Is that a field from Airtable?

• Airtable Field to be used as post_name: should-be-a-slug-field

It’s creating pages whose slug is the record_id from Airtable, right? And the page template points to my-list/records_id; BUT then the virtual post refers to post_name as slug field and uses that as the test URL? BUT it filters by record_id to find records, and that’s how it creates page?

Very confused – but feel someone could hopefully point out some obvious misunderstanding I have!

JO

What helped me a lot was loading the Airtable Restaurants example base in my workspace, taking Chester’s pages from the Airpress site, and getting them to work. It wasn’t until I stepped through that exercise that Airpress’s structure started making sense. Of course, it’s been more than a year since I worked with it, so I’ll probably have to do that again when I go back to using it…

Thanks. I did manage to get it working!

Now, here’s a php question that I’m hoping is simple to answer… How do you display the contents of an array inside foreach? echo only displays values if the field is not linked to another table. In this case, “Author” is an array. I can display the “Title”, which links to “Link”, but “Author” just returns the text, “Array.” Any help would be so appreciated – php newbie here!

<?php
$query = new AirpressQuery();
$query->setConfig("Academic");
$query->table("Feeds")->view("Grid");
$query->addFilter("{Source}='Film Journals'");

$events = new AirpressCollection($query);
?>

<div>
<ul>
<?php 
foreach ($events as $pubitems) {
  echo '<li>' . '<a href=' . $pubitems["Link"] . '</a>' . $pubitems["Title"] . '</a>' . ": " . $pubitems["Author"] . '</li>';
}
?>
</ul>
</div>

Hey I’m not really a programmer as such but usually if you’re trying to print something and it gives you “Array”, that means you might be able to output something from within the array like so:

$pubitems["Author"][0]

This is not tested code at all so play around with it. In essence it’s trying to call the first indexed item inside the array. Which might be an ID, or a first name, or something else. If it’s not what you want, try [1], and so on.

Hope this helps!