Help

Re: Airpress, the Wordpress plugin (formerly named Airfields) has launched!

1634 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m proud to announce the public release of Airpress, a plugin for Wordpress.org websites!

f8489fd96f348bab078cc641c28af3d21379bd92.png

Airpress gives you access to all your Airtable data, allowing you to create Wordpress websites that are fully integrated with your precious Airtable data. Read more on http://wordpress.org/plugins/airpress

Do you think you’ll install the Airpress plugin?

• Nope. I’m good with Airtable
  • Nope. I don’t have a Wordpress website
  • Sure. I might give it a try sometime
  • Yes! I need to display Airtable data right now!

0 voters

69 Replies 69

If you kinda know what you’re doing – you can still get it, or one of its forks, from github.

We have some ideas of pricing but still not precisely. I don’t want to say anything wrong or announce something I can’t keep in public, here ! :slightly_smiling_face:
But drop us an email at hello@wpconnect.co and I will send you a range of prices we think about.

I have not installed the plug in and do not know if I will have time. Here is feedback based on viewing the screenshots.

• Have you changed the API key that was exposed in your screen shot?

• Does the plug in ever write data back to Airtable? If not, could one use the API key of a free read-only user for increased security?

• Can you use field IDs instead of field names? I’m guessing the answer is yes since you are probably just passing the text string to the rest api.

• It looks like you pass the content of the page/post as a single text string. Therefore, does Airtable need to have content of the page/post in a single field? E.g. a page with complex formatting, images, embeds, etc. would need to have the html formed in Airtable.

• How do you display errors? For example, if a field does not exist or has an invalid value for its mapping?

• AirPress has the ability to design content using shortcodes. This lets people design complex layouts with Airtable data without coding html on Airtable. Does this plug in support that? Is it a future plan?

• When setting a featured image, do you expect a single image in an attachment field? What if there are multiple images in the attachment field? Do you upload the image to the WP media library? If so, do you delete old images from the library or are there other ways to keep the media library clean? What if the field for the featured image is a url field?

• I am also curious about pricing

Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I tried it out and it works great. Any chance of starting a new topic @Stephane-DK so we don’t completely hijack this Airpress thread?

Thanks for you interest and questions @kuovonne.

Here are some answers :

*** Have you changed the API key that was exposed in your screen shot?***

Yes, we have. :winking_face:

*** Does the plug in ever write data back to Airtable?**

No, only our add-ons for Contact Form 7 and Gravity Forms do it.

*** If not, could one use the API key of a free read-only user for increased security?**

Yes

*** Can you use field IDs instead of field names? I’m guessing the answer is yes since you are probably just passing the text string to the rest api.**

No because Airtable API returns fields by names

*** It looks like you pass the content of the page/post as a single text string. Therefore, does Airtable need to have content of the page/post in a single field? E.g. a page with complex formatting, images, embeds, etc. would need to have the html formed in Airtable.**

Yes, we expect the user to import a single field with rich text

*** How do you display errors? For example, if a field does not exist or has an invalid value for its mapping?**

The error will be displayed below the sync button on the detail connection page, and also in the logs (in /wp-content/uploads/airwpsync-logs)

*** AirPress has the ability to design content using shortcodes. This lets people design complex layouts with Airtable data without coding html on Airtable. Does this plug in support that? Is it a future plan?**

Currently no but why not. We believe new tools now available in WordPress like Full Site Editing allow you to create your own layouts without coding. We are also considering a Gutenberg mapping to build a complex page layout from multiple Airtable fields

Finally @kuovonne, here are our answers regarding your questions about images and pricing :

If there are several images in the Airtable image field then no problem, it is simply the first image (the leftmost one inside the Airtable field) that is taken into account.
Yes, the images are actually uploaded to the WP image gallery.
These same images are not deleted from the WP gallery if the image is deleted in Airtable (the same thing happens when you permanently delete any WP post containing a featured image).
The mapped field for the image must be an Attachment Field, otherwise the mapping is not possible and there is an error message which appears directly under the “Sync Now” button.
So if it’s an image URL rather than an image field, it’s not supported at the moment.
It’s also complicated to type the fields, or maybe one of the solution would be to have a checkbox to say “this field contains an image URL that needs to be imported” which adds some user config.

For pricing, drop me an email at hello@wpconnect.co, I’ll be happy to answer with price range for now as I did for Joe. :slightly_smiling_face:

Great ! :slightly_smiling_face: I’m glad you tried it out and liked it.
You’re completely right, here is the new topic : Launch of Air WP Sync, a WordPress plugin to import and sync data from Airtable to WordPress

Just checking in to see if this is still in process? I’m getting warnings from Airtable now that my Airpress powered site is gonna break when the API changes regarding attachments come in to play in November.
Let me know if I need to jump ship at this point :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

It's still available on Github. Use at your own risk though.

I'm wondering, which solution did you go for instead, if any?

nisitkumar
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, In case anyone needs help in modifying their aipress plugin to allow integration with Airtable using Personal access tokens, ping me. I have played with this plugin and can easily convert it from API to personal access token integration. Also, I can help you clean the code and make it secure.

I sent you a PM