12952 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philip_Bassham
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Work with your Airtable database via Siri.

A bit advanced to understand maybe, but these are meant to act like “functions” that can be used separately like building blocks for your own shortcuts. It is intended to be very flexible and simple to make your own individual shortcuts from these blocks.

After setting these main functions up, your custom-made shortcut can be something as simple as this:

Example Using the Building block functions

Main Functions:

Airtable Vars - Holds your Api Key, name, and airtable app code.

View Picker - Choose a table and view to get records from.

Get Airtable Records - Main fetching function. Can get by view, table, filter by formula, sort, etc.

Record Selector - Allows optional manual selection of returned records.

Example Actions that use the above functions:

Link Airtable Records - This is an attendance example. Choose 1 record and then attendees to link to a record field.

Update Airtable Record - This is a “Mark Task Done” example. Ticks a box and logs a note.

Add Airtable Record - Adds a new Record Example.

Airtable Toolkit Updater - Looks for updates to the above functions, and checks for newly added ones. You can actually just download this one shortcut and use it to download the rest of the above. I made this because of how UpdateKit checks for an update every time the shortcut is run. With shortcuts-as-functions, like the above, it could easily check 20x in one run of a shortcut. So, I added a new “Forced” update type to the UpdateKit Dictionary in the above shortcuts that looks for a triggered manual update instead of running on every run.

Here is an Imgur Album with the screenshots and explanations of how they work.

3 Replies 3
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This is impressive Philip, congrats!

I don’t have siri so can’t test but if I did would definitely give it a go.

Nat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

super useful toolbox @Philip_Bassham, thanks for making! we added to resource directory here: https://builtonair.com/resources

Leo_Eddy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I rep getting an error unknown message when it try page to the next 100 records. Not sure if I’m using the “offset” right.