Help

Re: Creating Checklists with Airtable and Zapier

2013 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While answering a question on the forum about Checklists, I decided I would write a blog post about how to use Zapier to automatically create Checklists, assign them to a project and then to a collaborator…

Creating Checklists with Airtable and Zapier

and here’s a link to the base:

I hope you find this useful!!

16 Replies 16

I think you are right about the Line Items. The Trigger app and the Result app both need to support them for it to do what your code accomplishes.

Hopefully Airtable will update their triggers!

Speaking of your code, I think there was a bug somewhere in Zapier for a week, but its working again for me now. Though when I try to add this second step, I also get an error.
Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 7.14.54 PM.png

I found the issue. It is that the quotes got formatted incorrectly somewhere along the way on this line. Replace them and it works fine.

var outputElementItem = "";

Glad it’s working again!

Peter_Borg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Julian, very excited to report that this worked for me. I haven’t coded for a long time, and never in Java, but your instructions are very clear (I gues I just had to cut and paste).
I was only half sure that a single trigger could drive multiple actions. Thought perhaps it could be done using zapier web hooks (I don’t have much experience with that either, and hadn;t fluked a solution). I never could have worked it out without this post.
But do you think Javascript the only way? I wold have been stranded without your code sample.

Jocelyn_Roberts
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Julian_Kirkness It looks like the Base above doesn’t match the base you are referring to in your article? Would you be able to share it again?

Hi @Jocelyn_Robertson

I don’t think I have the base any more - I had a clear out and completely forgot that I’d published a link to it - you should be able to get what you need from the article though?

Julian

Hi @Julian_Kirkness …Yes, your instructions were great and easy to understand! I do have a few questions though. I believe I have everything in place and understand the zaps but am not able to run it correctly without error and wanted to see if it was due to the missing items below.

1. Under the “Checklist Items” table you have a formula for the “ItemID” field. Would you be able to share what the formula is that populates the “ItemID” or let me know a little bit more about that field?

2. Under the “Tasks” table section there are 4 hidden fields. Are those fields needed and if so would you be able to share with me what they are?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!