Help

Re: Launch of Air WP Sync, a WordPress plugin to import and sync data from Airtable to WordPress

3668 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephane-DK
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone,

Finally, after several months of work, tests, sweats and coffees, Air WP Sync is finally born !

Connect Airtable to your WordPress and manage your content better without Zapier or Make (Ex-Integromat), directly from your WP admin.
Identify the Airtable fields you wish to link to WordPress and choose the format for your imported contents: articles, pages, products, etc.
Link Airtable fiels to WordPress fields and simply define your ideal update frequency.

==> Our plugin will automatically sync everything swiftly.

Download it here for free : Air WP Sync – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

This is the very first release, Pro version is coming soon.
Subscribe here to be informed of the release : Airtable to WordPress Integration

Stephane
WP connect
Digital Korner

25 Replies 25
Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Tried this out and it works great!

Initial thought would be that it would be nice to have this sync with a particular view rather than a whole table at a time - I’m experiencing first sync taking a long time it would be nice to be able to work with a subset of the data.

Can’t wait to try the Pro version out as this looks really promising - Great work to all the team :slightly_smiling_face:

I really like your approach to let users map Airtable fields to a particular Wordpress field such as the Featured Image.

Thanks @Kamille_Parks !

Thanks @Joe_Hewes !
You’re totally right for the view sync, that’s a brilliant idea.
I added it to our backlog for the Pro Version. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hugh_Campbell2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I wrote an importer a few years back that could perform a similar sync. It extended to hierarchical taxonomies as well, so you could manage taxonomy terms and classifications in AirTable, as well as populating custom fields that mirrored some of the table / row joins that are possible, like ‘related posts’. Due to the lack of any metadata API back then, it was only single use.

Do you have plans to extend this to handle taxonomy terms?

Hi @Hugh_Campbell2, yes the metadata API is not public yet, we hope it will be soon ! And yes, we handle taxonomy terms.

Joachim_Brindea
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,

I have a table with tons of posts from different sites.
Would it be possible to use a filter formula like on integromat/make.com

{Website}=”myblog.com”

or

{status}=published

Since it’s handled natively by the API, I think it should be quite easy for you and life-changing for me!

Here is how it looks like in Make.com:

Thank you very much
Joachim (future pro user)

Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’ve solved this problem by creating a view in Airtable that contains the data set I want, and then syncing that to a new table within a separate base on Airtable. Then use that as your sync table source in Wordpress.

As I mentioned previously it would great if we could just sync to Wordpress a particular view, but the above is a reasonably simple workaround for subsets.

Hi Joachim,

Due to many requests, we are working on a new feature that will allow you to select a view within a table instead of synchronizing the whole table. In your example, this will allow you to create a view with a Status=“Processing” filter directly in Airtable and then select the corresponding one in our plugin! The update will be available in the fall, along with the Pro version. For now, you can configure your Airtable as suggested in the post just before by @Joe_Hewes (great idea by the way) if you really need it.

Thanks for using Air WP Sync!

Thanks, that is much less flexible than formulas unfortunately.
I was hoping your solution would be the miracle to manage PBNs (private blog networks) but I can’t create a view per website. I’ll have to keep using make.com for now.
Thanks for answering!

I did that for a small PBN of 7 websites indeed.
But that’s quite limitating… :confused:

No problem @Joachim_Brindeau, thanks for sharing ! I will send you an email (je crois que tu es français, cela sera plus simple pour échanger, j’ai des questions) :winking_face:

I also would like to use this for managing the content of a small PBN. I already use Airtable for this, and we’re very familiar with Wordpress. I can be your true asset for providing feedback regarding syncing airtable with wordpress, especially for multiple sites.

Would you like to send me the same email please Stephane, but not in French? :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @Goce_Ristov, thanks for your message. I’ll send you the message (in english ! ) :slightly_smiling_face:

Haha the PBN community is going to be all over this. :grinning_face_with_sweat:

I’ve known some who have a custom airtable/WP solution for years now. It’s how I’ve learned about Airtable, but so far everything has been manually tracked and updated for me. :frowning:

This would be a game changer though if it works for multiple sites/same table.

OK @Goce_Ristov it seems to be very interesting, I just sent you the email.

breity
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Stephane-DK Any updates on when the pro version will be available? Looking to sync Airtable with custom post types/custom fields. Thanks!

Hi @breity , thanks for your message. Pro Version is actually in development, Public version will be available in Fall (end of October). Beta Version will be available before. Subscribe here if you would like to be informed when it’s out and have some infos or participate to the Beta : Airtable to WordPress Integration

Thanks for your interest !