127 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielP
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a base that has a number of tables representing incoming work from different sources (e.g. a jira tickets table, a slack messages table, a spreadsheet process table, a email table).  And I want to combine them into a single 'team workload' table that I can create views in summarising who's working on what type of work item.

Airtable's multi-sync feature (https://support.airtable.com/docs/multi-source-syncing) is a great way to do this with 1 drawback - it means I need to create an entirely new base instead of just add a new table to my existing base.

Is there any way around this?  I'm not sure why I can't sync/multi-sync within an existing base?  Thanks for any thoughts!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
forestmiller17
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Good to hear someone else has had the same issue... I tried pasting in the shared link from within the same base and that didn't work.

I did find a work-around that will allow the multi-sync data to end up in the original base, though it does feel pretty dumb to do it this way.

1. Create a separate base solely to make the multi-sync from your source base

2. Create a sync in the source base to this new base

You should never have to look at that new base you created in step 1, it's there just for the workaround.

FYI, an additional base should not cost extra if it's in the same workspace, but that may be good to confirm with the plan you are on.

Hope that helps!

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
forestmiller17
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Good to hear someone else has had the same issue... I tried pasting in the shared link from within the same base and that didn't work.

I did find a work-around that will allow the multi-sync data to end up in the original base, though it does feel pretty dumb to do it this way.

1. Create a separate base solely to make the multi-sync from your source base

2. Create a sync in the source base to this new base

You should never have to look at that new base you created in step 1, it's there just for the workaround.

FYI, an additional base should not cost extra if it's in the same workspace, but that may be good to confirm with the plan you are on.

Hope that helps!