Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whaaaaat?! :open_mouth:

18 Replies 18

Hi @Databaser ,

It looks like an Airtable’s Workflow missing (third)part,
long awaited I guess,
but google doesn’t know anything about where to heck find it ! ! !
Neither by words nor by screenshot itself !

Do you have some URL to share ?

Regards,
oLπ

Chintan_Savali1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Olpy_Acaflo

Product Details Page: Here

On every bases you could see this option:

CleanShot 2021-11-09 at 16.37.03@2x

Oh ! ! ! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: surprised Definitely Amazing ! ! ! @Jordan_Scott1

This reminds me of Community’s 1st-Class Expert predictions, and then the acquisition of a specialized DEV team in data visualization by Airtable !

Thank you @Chintan_Savaliya !

It would be really cool if we could make these interfaces accessible for external users. One of the benefits would be, not needing Stacker (€ 1.500 a year or so) anymore!

That I agree with you @Databaser !
Well, there are cheaper and sexier than Stacker when you want to exhibit / share something other than strictly tabular tables, more looking from a “Document As An App” to some kind of WEB App or Site UX, but this kind of supplement seriously increases the annual bill that is added to the rental of Airtable!

J_Jones
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would be great if we could share an interface with specific users without sharing an entire base. Not that practical for us otherwise. Any plans to do so?

As I predicted about a year ago, the aftermarket erosion had began (way back here) and is now in overdrive. Typically, aftermarket providers are one step ahead of the primary vendor, but in this case, the Interfaces feature targets specifically the Stacker value proposition and likely many others:

Stacker: Give Your Table a UI - Beautiful UI For Your Base

They need a bigger boat.

But I digress because as @J_Jones makes clear, Airtable has fundamentally erred [in the short run] by locking design with data. This is not the end of the world and other aspects of Airtable (like script actions) are also bound by the base - clearly not ideal. But like automations, scripting, and custom apps - Interfaces will be a huge hit for the largely no/low-code users who came here looking for – wait for it – a cool UI that makes them more productive with data.

Faculty_Schedul
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be amazing if they had a way to let you add in a block with a script or something similar. I think we are going to find some good uses for this. Always been wanting a nice overview/dashboard view.

I think this is inherently possible as designed. I defer to @kuovonne because she’s the only human on the planet who knows the most about Interfaces at this time, but if you consider…

• Objects and data in an Interface are Airtable objects.
  • All data objects in Airtable are accessible through script blocks.
  • Script blocks can be triggered based on data changes in Interfaces.
  • Interface UIs will react naturally to changes in the underlying data.

Am I missing a use case that cannot be met through indirection external to custom Interfaces?