Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Pasting data with row expansion not works!

Solved
Jump to Solution
7364 24
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Today, we could not copy-and-paste the external data (like excel, csv, google sheet ...) with multiple rows to Airtable's table properly.

siriwat_0-1696567615146.png

When we paste many records and need to expand the rows, nothing happens. Then what I could observed into the browser console log is shown below, yes, it has an error from the Airtable.

siriwat_1-1696567750855.png

Please solve this bug, Airtable team, this problem stops our works!!

*** The work around for this moment is, we must create empty rows enough before pasting data, then we could survive during the wait for Airtable team to solve this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One work around is to create number of rows enough before pasting data. Then it would be fine for this moment.

Or

If you could run a script,either extension or automation, you may need to run this script to make empty rows as you may need

let tableName = "Your table name";
let numRow = 20;

let table = base.getTable(tableName);
let newData = new Array(numRow).fill({fields : {}});
await table.createRecordsAsync(newData);

Update: As of 10 OCT, approx 5 days. Airtable fixed this problem already. We need to refresh the browser then continue our works as usual.

See Solution in Thread

24 Replies 24
Jennifer_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have exactly the same issue! Nothing happens when I click the expand table option.

siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One work around is to create number of rows enough before pasting data. Then it would be fine for this moment.

Or

If you could run a script,either extension or automation, you may need to run this script to make empty rows as you may need

let numRow = 20;

Update: As of 10 OCT, approx 5 days. Airtable fixed this problem already. We need to refresh the browser then continue our works as usual.

Dora
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Siriwat

That's nice, it works. Thank you so much. You save me. 

Airtable, please fix the bug ASAP.

I have been having the same issue as OP and your comment saved me from copying and pasting each cell individually. Thank you!

MillerB
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm having the same issue!!!!! 

This is a solid solution. Is there a way to create multiple rows rather than adding one at a time?

Andrew_Goddard1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Good to know I am not the only one who has suddenly faced this problem today. Tried refreshing, closing down Airtable and reopening, creating a new table, checked I hadn't reached a record limit of some sort as initially thought it was just refusing to paste. Then realised the problem was the failure to create new rows and creating them manually - a pain as can only see how to do one at a time - allowed me to paste in the data. Very odd that this should suddenly become a problem out of nowhere. Hopefully Airtable can resolve soon and get it back to normal.

Dora

Hello 

What I am doing is duplicating the old table with the record and you just "clear" the cell content instead of deleting the row. With this, you will get a table with multiple empty rows. 

siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You could run this script (maybe with extension or automation) to create many rows as needs

let numRow = 20;