Help

Pasting data with row expansion not works!

Solved
Jump to Solution
4432 24
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Today, we could not copy-and-paste the external data (like excel, csv, google sheet ...) with multiple rows to Airtable's table properly.

siriwat_0-1696567615146.png

When we paste many records and need to expand the rows, nothing happens. Then what I could observed into the browser console log is shown below, yes, it has an error from the Airtable.

siriwat_1-1696567750855.png

Please solve this bug, Airtable team, this problem stops our works!!

*** The work around for this moment is, we must create empty rows enough before pasting data, then we could survive during the wait for Airtable team to solve this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One work around is to create number of rows enough before pasting data. Then it would be fine for this moment.

Or

If you could run a script,either extension or automation, you may need to run this script to make empty rows as you may need

let tableName = "Your table name";
let numRow = 20;

let table = base.getTable(tableName);
let newData = new Array(numRow).fill({fields : {}});
await table.createRecordsAsync(newData);

Update: As of 10 OCT, approx 5 days. Airtable fixed this problem already. We need to refresh the browser then continue our works as usual.

See Solution in Thread

24 Replies 24
Jennifer_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have exactly the same issue! Nothing happens when I click the expand table option.

siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One work around is to create number of rows enough before pasting data. Then it would be fine for this moment.

Or

If you could run a script,either extension or automation, you may need to run this script to make empty rows as you may need

let numRow = 20;

Update: As of 10 OCT, approx 5 days. Airtable fixed this problem already. We need to refresh the browser then continue our works as usual.

Dora
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Siriwat

That's nice, it works. Thank you so much. You save me. 

Airtable, please fix the bug ASAP.

I have been having the same issue as OP and your comment saved me from copying and pasting each cell individually. Thank you!

MillerB
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm having the same issue!!!!! 

This is a solid solution. Is there a way to create multiple rows rather than adding one at a time?

Andrew_Goddard1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Good to know I am not the only one who has suddenly faced this problem today. Tried refreshing, closing down Airtable and reopening, creating a new table, checked I hadn't reached a record limit of some sort as initially thought it was just refusing to paste. Then realised the problem was the failure to create new rows and creating them manually - a pain as can only see how to do one at a time - allowed me to paste in the data. Very odd that this should suddenly become a problem out of nowhere. Hopefully Airtable can resolve soon and get it back to normal.

Dora

Hello 

What I am doing is duplicating the old table with the record and you just "clear" the cell content instead of deleting the row. With this, you will get a table with multiple empty rows. 

siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You could run this script (maybe with extension or automation) to create many rows as needs

let numRow = 20;