cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SIairtable
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

I am looking to auto populate a date that has been calculated via a formula from one table, and add it to another table / sheet.

• Date Due in Table 4 to Date Due in Pre-Launch

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

3 Replies 3

Unfortunately, automatic linking between tables based on a formula field (or any other type of field) is not supported nor possible in Airtable.

You are always required to manually link records to one another in Airtable. (You could also write a custom JavaScript to link the records, but you would still need to manually run the JavaScript whenever you wanted to link.)

This is the gigantic difference between Airtable and more advanced relational database systems like FileMaker.

The only 2 exceptions to this rule are when you convert a field to a linked record field, or when you import records into a linked record field. Under those 2 circumstances, Airtable will do a “one-time-only” automatic linking of the values in the linked field to the PRIMARY FIELD ONLY of the linked table.

SIairtable
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Got it! Thanks -

Do you know how to change it so that my work day calendar is set to EST not GMT? Right now the work day is Sunday - Thursday

Thanks again

@SIairtable If you found my answer above helpful, please mark it as the solution! Thank you! :blush:

Regarding your new inquiry, turn off the GMT option in your date fields. If you need more time zone help, check out my time zone solution in the Airtable Universe: