I have a database question. (I use Airtable for other things and it works very well).
I send out articles from time to time, in PDF format. I am using an Excel spreadsheet to record who I send it to, when it was sent, and what article was sent. This is all so I don’t double up and send someone the same article.
I have looked at Airtable, but I can’t see a way of doing it.
This is what I need;
- A list of recipients
- A total number of recipients
- A list of articles
- A total number of articles
- A total number of all articles sent,
- A total number of articles sent per article
- The dates for each article sent
All of that info I have in the spreadsheet, but there’s only one date available for each recipient per article. For example, I can’t record more than one date for the same article going to the same recipient.
Another drawback is that adding a new article to the list, means adding two new columns, setting them up etc, etc, which is a bit time consuming. I’d love to be able to have it easier to add articles.
I would like to see a ‘report’ of;
- List of recipients and what articles they have been sent and on what date
- List of articles and who they have been sent to and on what date
- Chronological date list with who has received what article
- Searchable for dates, recipients, and articles
The Excel Spreadsheet works, but it is cumbersome, and time consuming to add new articles.
I look forward to hearing from you.