'block run' command leading to errors

Hi,

I’ve tried installing and launching a hello world app from the documentation for the first time today. I encountered a few issues initially trying to install the CLI, however I eventually seemed to get it working.

The issue I’m having now is with the ‘block run’ command - after successfully using block init, the block run command leads to a large amount of errors which seem to stem from a few files not being found during the start of the process:

/Users/craigronald/.nvm/versions/node/v13.14.0/lib/node_modules/@airtable/blocks-cli/transpiled/src/builder/node_modules/yaml/index.d.ts: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined

/Users/craigronald/.nvm/versions/node/v13.14.0/lib/node_modules/@airtable/blocks-cli/transpiled/src/builder/node_modules/yaml/types.d.ts: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined

/Users/craigronald/.nvm/versions/node/v13.14.0/lib/node_modules/@airtable/blocks-cli/transpiled/src/builder/node_modules/word-wrap/index.d.ts: `export =` is not supported by @babel/plugin-transform-typescript

Please consider using `export <value>;`.

I tried using nvm to change the version of Node, I tried builds from Node 12, 13 and 14 however all of them broke at the same stage.

I decided to delete nvm and instead installed Node v14.16.0 from the nodejs website, setting the $PATH to ‘usr/local/bin’, so it pointed to the newly installed version.

After getting around a few issues with permissions, I managed to install the CLI, and ran the block init command. Finally I tried to run block run again, hoping this time it’d work, but I got the same errors as before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I’ve wasted a day trying to get this work.

Thank you,
Craig

Edit: One of my colleagues was able to set up a new block on his system without any problems. He sent me the files which were created using block init, and when I tried execute ‘block run’ within the downloaded folder, it worked straight away.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.