Depict different "phases" in Timeline View?

Hi all,
I would like to depict different Date ranges in the timeline view (e.g. like this example pic from Excel):

However, I struggle to find a solution. I do not necessarily need the timeline view but I have a lot of projects who all have the same setup (x different stages with follow in a more or less defined sequence):

Does anyone have an idea how to realize such an overview? Dividing each project into 5 subcategories and then using a Ganttchart seems to be extremely labor intensive.

I would even be happy if I could have a simple continous timeline from start to end as offered today with milestones depicted in between at dates X, Y and Z. Like this example:

I feel like I am missing something as all the options I have tried/thought of are either not working or adding extreme complexity to the workspace.

Thanks!

1 Like

Timeline and Gantt views plot a single start date and a single end date for records (or only one date for milestones).

I assume you have a table of Projects. To do what you’re requesting, you likely need a table of Project Phases. If Project A has 5 phases, then it should have 5 records in the Project Phases table.

Hi Kamille,

thanks for your fast reply. So if I have 50 Projects, I’d need 5 x 50 records in a Project Phase Table as each Phase has different dates for different projects? That really seems very laborious for my people to maintain.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.