1107 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holli_Younger
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

From what I’ve read about the field permissions this isn’t possible, but I hope someone has found a workaround for this? Without Forms, preferably!

On View 1 I’d like a field to be utilized by all. then as the workflow progresses and moves to view 2 this field is locked to prevent the user from making changes to the filed and so on.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Just create a formula field that equals the field you want to lock off. Formula fields are “read only” fields, so they can’t be edited by the user.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Just create a formula field that equals the field you want to lock off. Formula fields are “read only” fields, so they can’t be edited by the user.

But remember, if they go back to the original view, they’ll be able to access the field again.

See, I knew someone had this answer. Thank you @ScottWorld!!! Anyway you can show me an example of the formula field. Would this be a concentrate or could I use a lookup/rollup?

The only thing in the formula would be a pointer to the field you want to “lock.” For example, if your target field is named something like {Bid Price}, then the Formula field could be named something like {Bid Price Locked}, with the formula:

{Bid Price}

That would duplicate the value in the {Bid Price} field, but wouldn’t be editable.

Thank you @Justin_Barrett. You and @ScottWorld saved me so much trouble!!