Prefill hidden field or non-form field using prefill_ on a form

Hi, I am trying to prefill a linked field in a form but I don’t want the user to be able to modify it.

I try to things:

• I hide the field using a never accomplish condition and using prefill_ on the iframe url but the field is not sent it to the table
  • I remove the field from the form and try sent it via prefill_ on the iframe, but the same result. No info was sent it to the table

This is the url I am using:

https://airtable.com/embed/shrnfA3nT6b2jUoVe?prefill_Notes={notes}&prefill_ID={id}

I don’t know what else can I try. I would appreciate any hint on this.
Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, Airtable doesn’t offer this very important & much needed feature. I would highly recommend that you suggest it as a feature request in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category.

The only way to do this is by using external tools.

One option is build an external form with a form-building website (such as Gravity Forms, TypeForm, FormStack, etc.), and then you would submit your entries into Airtable using Integromat or Zapier. Integromat is cheaper & more powerful than Zapier, so that’s my personal preference. But Zapier is fine, too, for these purposes.

Another option is to use this great tool from MiniExtensions — they’ve actually created a ton of different form tools for Airtable, and this is just one of them. This one does exactly what you need:

Hi ScottWorld,

Any chance to pay only for this extension? That’s exactly what I need!

Thanks for your help.

That’s not my tool. You would need to ask them.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.