Rename field while running a script

Hey everyone, I have a form where I am collecting responses, but I need to have the the form change the questions after each submission. I have a script set to run automatically after a new record is added which will generate the new field name and has the field id set as a variable, but I do not know how to change the name of a field while using scripting. Does anyone know if this is even possible? I basically need a function which takes a field id and a new field name, and the function will update the field name. I would even be okay with keeping the field name the constant, if I could just update what shows up on the form. I do not think there is a high level of coding allowed for forms though. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome to the Airtable community!

The developer documentation for scripting lists all the features available. The documentation includes nothing about changing name of a field or changing anything about a form. Thus, I conclude that it cannot currently be done.

I feared that was the case when I couldn’t find anything. Its my first time not being able to accomplish what I wanted.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.