Starting from scratch

I have used Airtable a couple of times pretty much as a spreadsheet. I want to do something that is still probably simple, but I still can’t figure it out even with the videos. I am just trying to organize all of my home media (see flow chart) into a searchable database

. Can you point me to a video or example already out there?

It seems like you could make one base with one table per top level item in your flow chart:

• Table 1: Videos
    • Single Select Field: “Type”. Add options for “Hi 8”, “DVD”, “VHS”, “Film - 16 mm”, “Film - Old Format”, etc.
    • Attachment Field: “File”. Attach the appropriate file; OR
      URL Field: “Link to File”. If the file sizes are large, link to the files on your cloud storage of choice.
  • Table 2: Photos
    • Single Select Field: “Type”. Add options for “Slides”, “Negatives”, “Prints”, “Film - 16 mm”, “Film - Old Format”, etc.
      URL Field: “Link to File”. If the file sizes are large, link to the files on your cloud storage of choice.
  • Table 3: Audio
    • Single Select Field: “Type”. Add options for “Cassette”, “Zoom”, etc.
  • Table 4: Journals

If you need a sample base, check out this Media Catalog built by Anton Preisinger. You can find this and other example bases on the Airtable Universe.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.