I’m building my online store using WooCommerce (on Wordpress.) Trying to think ahead a little bit, regarding how to manage inventory.
I’ll outline some points of consideration, using numbers for the community to easily reference when responding:
- We have 306 product SKUs.
- Some SKUs are variations of a single product (e.g. we may have product X which has 8 variable combinations, thus 8 different SKUs.
- When someone buys one of our variable products on WooCommerce, the inventory on my site is automatically decreased by the amount of stock purchased.
- I would like to have this new inventory change, also take effect on my Airtable database, decreasing the stock number by the same amount purchased on my site)
- Another point to consider… When I place an order from my Wholesale suppliers I will get a bunch of new inventory for a variety of existing SKU’s. THIS is one of the main reasons I want to use Airtable to manage inventory… it’s so much easier than going to each product and updating the stock/inventory #
- Let’s say I currently have 6 of one SKU in stock. I get a shipment with 20 more of this SKU. I want to be able to update the Airtable DB so it now says 26 (as well as any other product inventory updates) and then have this number sync back to my WooCommerce store. How can this be done?
I will look forward to any feedback. Hopefully, I’m not the first person who uses Airtable, that would like to do this!