Help

Community Change Maker: Mark Figueiredo

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura_McCarthy
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

The Airtable Community Change Maker Spotlights are a new ongoing series where we will be highlighting inspirational creators across the Airtable Community. We are thrilled to be able to highlight Mark Figueiredo

LM: How would you describe yourself on the back of your autobiography?

MF: Mark Figueriedo is a UX designer that found his way into Design Operations after trying to label himself in the design field. Mark loves design leadership, organizing teams, and uncovering the coolest and newest tools and practices for his teams to use and explore. He’s a social guy who loves to network, meet new people, and share his passion for teams and people.

LM: How do you use Airtable? At work? At home?

MF: I started using Airtable at work a few years ago. At that time, I didn’t know what it could really do, but over time I became a huge fan. In my new role, I was able to really dive in and turn a standard base into a power-house of roadmapping and planning goodness. I started to use Airtable for myself at home now too. I’ve used it to organize workshops, educational events, and project and video planning for my Youtube videos.

LM: What is your favorite Airtable project you’ve ever worked on?

MF: I recently upgraded my 2022 Roadmap Airtable to a 2.0 (2023) version, now including individual team member capacity.

LM: What is your #1 Airtable product request?

MF: This is silly, but an empty tab space to add between tabs in a base.

LM: Who in the Airtable Community inspires you and why?

MF: GAP Consulting has taught me so much about Airtable over the years. I love their videos and have answered so many of my questions.

LM: What is your favorite hobby outside of work?

MF: Running my Bullet Journal, @menwhobullet, Instagram and Youtube social media pages.

LM: What impact has Airtable had on your workflow? (ex: saving time)

MF: Our team works with 13+ different teams and squads, and it is really hard to keep all the different roadmaps together. So being able to visually look at what work is happening, or coming up, has helped us pre-plan and preapre for our work. It’s also helped us proactively look ahead and move projects that overlap that we will not be able to do all at the same time.