Improvements to expand and edit records

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Hi all!

We are excited to share that as of today, we’ve made it easier for you - and your team - to expand and edit records in Airtable.

• We’re making it easier to edit records while in the expanded view. We’ve increased the area around fields (including moving the field label to the left to save vertical space) in the expanded view for each record and made improvements to the activity pane.
  • We’ve also made it clear when a field is editable in expanded view so your collaborators can easily make edits.
  • We’ve added a persistent action bar so that common actions like changing between records, turning on comments, and the record title all stay in the same place, even as you scroll through the details.

You can expect these updates to be reflected in your bases in the next two days. We’d love to hear feedback from you about this change, so please leave your feedback below!

115 Comments
Rebecca_Elam
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Some fixes went in today.

Katerie
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I wish that the input borders (gray boxes) were not visible in shared views, like how it was before this latest change.

Shared views looked much better without the input borders, and the input borders serve no purpose as the user cannot edit the fields anyways. In fact, it can be somewhat confusing to the end user to be presented with something looks like an interactive element, but isn’t.

Edit: To be clear, I am referring to shared views only (the ones you access via a shared view link), not the user-editable views that you get when you log into a base.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This is great feedback.

Paul_Warren1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I can only imagine the Airtable Dev reading this message “But, but, you said to put them back!!” Haha. This is the back and forth that can drive us all nuts, but is SO GOOD. Thank you @Katerie and thank you Airtable Devs!!

Brad_Wilkerson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think it is an improvement. Thanks