Improvements to the New Home Screen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_Engelberg
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

We’re excited to share that we’ll be taking our first step in rolling out the brand new home screen experience into General Availability. Thanks to your feedback, we were able to make significant improvements to the experience that will make it easier to navigate and discover the apps that matter most to you.

Benefits of the new home screen:

• A visual refresh that focuses on increased scannability and legibility on the home screen
  • A focus on apps that you engage with most frequently, by promoting recently accessed apps to the top of your home screen
  • The ability to star workspaces, bases, and interfaces to make them easily accessible
  • A more prominent search that aggregates all content, including workspaces, bases, and interfaces
  • Additional filters and sorts on the home screen, including shared with you, interface-only, and base-only filters
  • A dedicated page for every workspace that enables users to pin the most critical apps for quick and easy access 

Starting March 21st, we will automatically enable the new home screen experience for all users. We will continue to allow users to revert to the old experience until late April. 

While we hope these improvements will make your experience with our home screen more useful and enjoyable, we know that change is never easy. Our team is here to support you as we make this transition. As you get started, please feel free to reach out to your account team with any questions or concerns.

57 Comments
mrsb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This new home screen is terrible!  I can't find the things I need and now the order I want them in is gone too.  When active and inactive projects used to be sorted by me are now all mixed together you have given me more work instead of making my workflow easier.  PLEASE give me a way to go back to the old home screen. 

Tish_Chambers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks, I hate it.

I need to be able to manually arrange my bases.

I need to be able to separate interfaces and bases but still see both on one page. They look identical currently and the only way to separate is to choose "Interfaces only".

Every time I go to a base and come back to the home screen my view choice has gone back to 'Opened by you' sort, when I prefer (lesser of 3 evils) to sort Alphabetically (which by the way- every time I also have to change it from Z-A to A-Z).

Trying to find anything in a workspace is absolute chaos.

Listen to your customers. We hate it.

Ilias_Thanos
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thanks but no thanks

I switched back to the old Home Screen. Better than the new, but still missing a couple of things. 

Guys when you lunch something new, it must fill all the "holes" of the old one. Not create more problems. 

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

It's also worth noting that the "Alphabetically" sort method doesn't work as desired, as it does not take into account that many base names may contain an emoji for their first letter, a feature that is heavily used that allows for the Base Icon to be an emoticon.

As a side note - this "hacky" emoji base icon feature has been a pain for all time. Users should be able to apply an icon to a base independently of the name - and now with the Home Page being revised, we see bugs like this play out - where I can't even sort my hundred bases alphabetically, as the sort trips over any base where an emoji is used as the first character in the base name.

Dave_Engelberg
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi all,

First off, we wanted to take a moment to express our gratitude for your valuable feedback on the recent home screen changes. We understand that for some of you, this update has been frustrating and has made navigating Airtable more challenging. 

As we’ve noted in earlier posts, we will continue to iterate on the new home screen. In light of your feedback, we've decided to extend the availability of the old home screen while we work on refining the new experience, especially around areas like custom ordering and workspace navigation.

As we work on these improvements, we'll be sure to keep you informed with updates along the way. Stay tuned for more updates, and thank you for being part of the Airtable community!

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Thanks for the update @Dave_Engelberg - Is there a beta for users to sign up with that will help drive feedback to the dev team?

Dave_Engelberg
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

I can't commit to a beta at this point unfortunately, but we'll keep this set of folks in mind as we progress in development.

mrsb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you @Dave_Engelberg for listening to our concerns, offering the ability to use what is currently working well, and working on the issues we expressed.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

@Dave_Engelberg- it would be overly useful to easily see which bases that I've shared with others from my own (single collaboration Pro) workspace.

Also, when I click "View a workspace -> " and sort by "Last modified by anyone", "Newest to oldest", all of the bases show out of order. They don't seem to be listed by "Name" or by the "Last modified by anyone" column.

It's from this same Workspace view where I'd like to easily see what bases I've Shared with others, and also what bases others have shared with me. I did see the option for the latter, but now I can't find it where I'd expect to see both options. I'm trying to see the;

• Bases I own that don't have any collabs.
  • Bases I own that have write collaborators (those who are billable)
  • Bases I own that have read-only collaborators (non-billable)
  • Bases I own that have public views (such as, a base with a table that has a view that's shared/embedded)
  • Bases that another person owns where I have write/collaborative access.
  • Bases that another person owns where I have read-only access.

Workspace Columns holding the above information would be most welcome.

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

With the Home Screen change-over email being received by subscribers (I received mine last night) - may we please have a break-down of the Home Screen enhancements that have been implemented or are at least scheduled since receiving and reviewing the communities feedback?