Help

Join us for Table Talk next week for more information about recent Airtable updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Happy 2022! I hope everyone’s year is off to a great start.

As you may have seen earlier this week, as of Tuesday, January 11th, Airtable has rolled out updates to our Free, Plus, and Pro plans*. These updates to our packaging are meant to give users access to more advanced features in Airtable, like apps and sync integrations. We’re also starting off the year with a few much-needed product improvements to our automations and view features.

We are excited about all of these changes and would love to have you join us for Table Talk on Thursday, January 20th to learn more. Airtable’s Self Serve Product Leader, Lauryn Isford, and Head of End User Marketing, Christy Roach will join us to share a behind the scenes look at the thinking and strategy behind our packaging changes, and Mary Cook from Airtable’s Automations team will also be joining us to talk about some new functionality we’re launching next week. You can submit questions in advance here.

For those who were already planning on joining us for next week’s Table Talk, this is a slight change of plans. We had previously planned to have Peter Deng, our Chief Product Officer, join us to talk about our roadmap. Peter is still excited to talk about all things Airtable Roadmap with you, and this has been shifted to Thursday, February 10. Thanks for your ongoing feedback and flexibility. We hope to see you at both of our upcoming Table Talk sessions.

*There is no price change associated with this update and no existing workspaces lose any capabilities. For more details about this update to our Free, Plus, and Pro plans as well as FAQs, please see this resource page published in our help center.

61 Comments
Rebecca_Elam
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

yeah im definitely not satisfied with the answers we received. is there a hope to eventually understand why this was done? we arent children. we can take it. just help people understand.

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Maximum 10 apps per BASE on pro, but still braging that there are 50 apps that you can possibly use. 10. Without counting dubble use of the same app here and there. Airtable can do that. :roll_eyes: :smirk: :unamused:

So an “in” + “out” + “delta” for budget + “to pay” + “paid” + “delta” for invoices a chart for € per month and a pie for biggest clients and you have - wait for it - 2 apps left in your ENTIRE BASE :exploding_head:

And all of this without the smallest, even vaguely understandable, reason why :rage:

Paul_Warren1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It seems pretty clear that the goal is to expand the number of plus and enterprise users. Unfortunately, the middle ground, Pro users that benefit from consultants, is being pruned back.

However, @Jordan_Scott1 , it would be greatly appreciated to have a followup discussion regarding the future of Airtable’s thriving consultant community. It looks like Airtable is intentionally aiming to move even “small” organizations and startups to Enterprise plans earlier. If so, it would be enormously helpful to have that spelled out, as @Rebecca_Elam expressed, we can handle it! This understanding will help us manage expectations as we connect with new customers and use-cases.

This community is built on the incredible consultants that contribute. I admit, what surprises me most is that Airtable would hire you @Jordan_Scott1 to interface more closely with the community so soon before making a change so certain to self-destruct that community.

To my other dear friends in the community, remember that most of the tools we are upset about did not exist when we started working with Airtable. We have become reliant on them, but perhaps we should not be so surprised when Airtable adjusts its pricing after 2+ incredible years of innovation and adding immensely powerful features.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

When new users suddenly realize that they’ve hit the 10 app limit (or other limits), they’re not going to jump up to the enterprise plan, which is out of reach for most small businesses. They’re going to look for alternative products. I don’t understand how Airtable can’t understand this.

Aristeidis_Zagk
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I am 4 years pro plan, with 10-12 seats monthly. And although we dont use many apps, i am already searching alternatives, outside nocode-lowcode platforms. Airtable has improved a lot all these years, but i never felt peaceful, without worrying about its future. There was a period around 2018-2019 where Airtable almost was giving meaningless features for serious users.
Things will clear soon. let’s be all patient. And ll se the what dices will roll.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The solution is actually quite simple: Airtable needs to roll out “a la carte pricing”.

Besides the low app limits, there are also low record limits, low automation limits, low automation run limits, and low sync limits.

But if users could customize their own pricing plan by choosing how many of each of these features that they needed, then they could continue to grow their businesses with Airtable.

Abraham_Bochner
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It would be great if there were alternative products available, but there aren’t.

In my opinion, FileMaker is not a suitable alternative to Airtable.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

FileMaker is geared more towards the coder these days, but in the rapidly-growing low-code/no-code space, there are at least a dozen competitors… including offerings from Amazon and Google.

Abraham_Bochner
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

From Google & Amazon the row limit is much smaller - I believe it is 10K rows

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I wasn’t suggesting that Google or Amazon are currently the best competitors (and I wouldn’t use either of their products b/c they’re not as easy or intuitive as Airtable), but note that Google offers 10k records per table (not base) — definitely not great, but still provides some pathway for growth. Amazon offers 100,000 records per workspace, but they only charge $30 per month which includes 20 users (so only $1.50 per user per month). Both companies have historically allowed people to pay for a la carte upgrades, so I would bet that they will offer those upgrade options in the future.

Ideally, people just want to use Airtable, but Airtable has to make it feasible for businesses to grow with them.