Launched: grouped grid view support on iOS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey everyone! We just launched the ability to view, create, and edit groups in grid views for the iOS app.

File (1)

Some notes:

• Like in the web app, grouping by a field adds headers to the grid view
  • Like in the web app, you can tap and drag records from one group to another to reassign their value (except in views grouped by a computed field)

Happy grouping!

11 Comments
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

:tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:
Oh yes! I can’t tell you how happy I am to see that you guys are actively working on the Mobile app (sorry Android users :confused: )!

Here’s hoping for more mobile functionality soon!

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

YES! This is something I’ve been hoping to see for a long time. Thank you!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Wow, this is fantastic!! :star_struck: Thank you!! :partying_face: :tada:

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Obligatory request to add this functionality to the Android app as well

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thank you for this new functionality.

While groups now show up for me on the iOS app, I do not see the “Group/Grouped” icon that appears in the linked page. I have updated the iOS app, logged out of the app, closed the app, restarted my device, and logged back in, and still don’t get that button.

It appears that records show up grouped, but the summary bar does not appear for each group in iOS the way it appears in the desktop app. How do we access the summary bar for groups? (I can pull down to get the overall summary bar, but I would like to be able to see summary information at the group level as well.) Could this be related to not being able to see the “group/grouped” icon?

ETA: I had to completely uninstall and reinstall the Airtable app from my iOS device in order to see the “Group/Grouped” icon. However, even after that, I do not see summary bars at the group level.

ETA: While the records show up grouped in iOS, I am not able to collapse groups.

Casey_Kleiman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Id like to second being able to collapse, this will go a long way in making the mobile app a functional option.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

While I also didn’t see the “Grouped” icon at the top when I first looked yesterday, it’s there now.

Daniel_Kuney
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m thrilled that grouping is now in iOS but will group subtotals be coming shortly? We have created budgets on AirTable for web and depend on being able to to see grouped subtotals.

Thanks!

Brenkoh
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Any idea when this will be in for Android phones?

Brent_Carver

This is wonderful news and a much requested feature that I’m glad to see launched. Please continue to build this out with additional functionality such as collapsing, sub totals, etc…