My name is Don and I’m a product marketing manager here at Airtable (for those of you I’ve had the opportunity to connect with already, hi again!).
I wanted to share that we’ve published a blog post today outlining many improvements and iterations we’ve made over the past months to make it easier to create and collaborate in Airtable.
For context, much of this work came from a desire to make our product simpler: A team of engineers, designers, product managers, writers, and well, marketers like me, have been spending time talking to our users about what frustrates or confuses them in Airtable. From there, we built a list of improvements we wanted to roll out to our customers.
And today, you’ll see much of that work in Airtable—some of these updates you may have seen already, and some are new, but we wanted to share them all in one place.
At this point, I’m guessing you’re ready to hear the updates:
- Easy add with a single click, you can now easily add automations, views, extensions, and more.
- Quick groups make it easy to group your records by any field with a click, with some suggested grouped fields already present for you.
- Quick sort works the same as quick groups: Sort by any field in your base with a click.
And there’s more:
- Quickly add yourself as a collaborator: Now, you’ll appear as the first user in a dropdown so you can assign yourself tasks
- Upload multiple attachments easily—a much-requested feature from the community
- Search for specific fields in grid view
- Use field IDs when configuring form URL share links
- Open automation actions with a right-click
- Easily locate field IDs in the field manager (@kuovonne and the team at Gap Consulting, who’ve both talked about workarounds to get this info before)
- Improved collaborator autocomplete when typing comments on a record
- Filter linked record IDs so you can sort by linked records (like “quarter” or “project”), @Jose_Martinez1 , I think you requested this one 🙂
- Control-click/command-click a table to open it in a new tab
- Check off completed records with a new “x” icon in the checkbox field—shout out to @ScottWorld for the inspiration on this one!
- See more accurate error messages after uploading videos so you can take action
That’s a lot 😅 ! Please let me know if you have any questions.