1318 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed_Hohlbein
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi good people. I'm building a base to track my handstand progress. I'd like the base to go to Pexels (or another free source for images) each morning, grab a picture of someone doing a handstand, and add it to "today's" record. Can anyone head me in the right direction to build this automation? Or have some advice/insight on how to make this happen? Appreciated in advance. 😁

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itsmike

Hi Ed, 

Is the goal to simply pull in a random image of somebody doing an handstand for each of your newly created rows?

If so the best bet is an automation that triggers a script when a new record is created. The script calls the Pexels API and returns an image which is then added the record.

If you're familar with Javascript it's just a case of following the docs and conforming to Airtable's API. If not it may be more of a challenge, in which case it may make more sense for somebody to build it for you, but this is where I'd begin. 

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
itsmike

Hi Ed, 

Is the goal to simply pull in a random image of somebody doing an handstand for each of your newly created rows?

If so the best bet is an automation that triggers a script when a new record is created. The script calls the Pexels API and returns an image which is then added the record.

If you're familar with Javascript it's just a case of following the docs and conforming to Airtable's API. If not it may be more of a challenge, in which case it may make more sense for somebody to build it for you, but this is where I'd begin. 

Ed_Hohlbein

Hi @itsmike ! Yes, the goal is to simply pull a random picture of someone doing a handstand and add it to a record. This is so incredibly helpful. THANK YOU! 👍💪 

I've built out the whole year of records already. If I added a button to each record (which are the days of the year), would that work. Wouldn't be as automatic, but feels like it would work. So, each day as I'm planning my workout I press the button and the random image is pulled into the record. Thoughts?

You're the best! Appreciate you!

e

Thanks again for this info @itsmike ! 

For now I've decided to use the Pexels extension and search/add an image manually each day. Works like a charm. I'll do this while I work on the automated options you shared. 

Thank you. Enjoy your day!

e