cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amir-Homayoun_J
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I want to send an automated email including an attachment; the same attachment to be sent to multiple people. One way that I can do is to have that same file in the all the records of the table and refer to them in the Attachments part of the email. But, what I would like to preferably is to be able to have one file somewhere (like in a separate table) stored, and link that single file in the Attachments. Is it possible? This way I don’t need to unnecessarily create an extra column of the same thing.

Thanks
Amir-Homayoun

8 Replies 8

Welcome to the community, @Amir-Homayoun_Javadi! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: It’s definitely possible. I’ve got a base for an online class that I teach, and built an automated messaging system for sharing notes with my students, including the option of sending attachments. I’m glossing over some parts of the system’s design, but in short, each student record gets linked to a message record, and that link triggers the automation in the [Students] table. The student record includes a lookup field to pull in the message’s attachment, and that’s available in the “Send email” action to insert into the Attachments settings for the message. In my case, I’m running the automation once per student, but a variation on this concept could also work with a single automation run that sends to several recipients.

Amir-Homayoun_J

Thanks Justin. I’ll see what I can do to keep it tidy and intuitive. Thanks.

Any chance you would share this framework? I teach some continuing education classes for a local community college and that sounds awesome.

@Joshua_Caldwell Unfortunately it’s not easily shareable in its current state, as it’s pretty closely linked (literally) to several other design elements in the base. I’d be happy to work with you directly to set up something similar, though. If this interests you, message me and we can set up a meeting.

Joshua_Caldwell

Hey Justin Totally! I am using Airtable in our non-profit to create functioning linked CRMS and content calendars any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hey Justin! I would love to hear about your base for teaching! I use airtable for non-profit legal aid and am going to be teaching a class this fall. I would love to learn more about how you use airtable for teaching and any tips you may have. Thank you so much!

Aaron_Reynolds1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have something similar to this I am needing. I have an attachment on a separate table, but I don’t know how to get it to either attach to the email that goes out depending on the Status the row is put into.

OR

I would like to automate as new rows are created to add the attachment from the other table to automatically update in the field.

Anyone able to help?

Hi,
the first (and maybe not the best) workaround came in mind - if you attachment stored in a single record in other table, add formula field with RECORD_ID(), add dummy empty text field.
In your automation, insert step ‘Update record’, choose table and ‘hardcode’ record ID from formula field into that step. Update dummy text field with something.
You can then use record from step and it’s values including attachment, in next automation steps.