cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevink
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I have a content management system in Airtable where I could use some automation support. I am attempting to use the new Airtable AI, but it just won't work the way I want it. What I want to do is:

1. Request a new record (requests new content using a form) to be created, it currently creates a Google Doc with the record details on it and changes the status to "assign to writer"
  2. I want to have it where if I assign the writer as "AI" it submits the record details to AI (with a detailed prompt I created).
  3. Writes the content and places that content on the Google Doc.

I have it producing the AI generated content within Airtable using the prompt but can't get it to add that content to the Google Doc and update the database field to "For Review". I don't want to use Zapier/Make if I can help it.

Has anyone had success with this or have an idea, and would you mind sharing a shot of your automation?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Hmm...the "Google Docs: Update Doc" action doesn't appear to let you set a Google Doc to update dynamically, so updating an existing Google Doc that you just created via an automation doesn't seem possible natively

Is it possible to change when the document is created?  Specifically, you would only create the doc when the "Writer" value is "AI", and the generated content exists in the field?  The same automation that creates the doc with the generated content would then update the field you want to "For Review" as well