Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Date format changed when table view is added to Send email automation

Topic Labels: Dates & Timezones
Solved
Jump to Solution
716 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyLecap
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I use the found records automation to create my report and the date is in the correct format, her DoB is 10th July

AndyLecap_1-1719838357362.png

But when I add this as a grid of records to the Send an Email automation, the DoB shows as 7/10/1953 i.e. 7th October.

AndyLecap_2-1719838531056.png

and this is what arrives in the recipient's email. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Andy,

In case changing field settings does not work.

I have faced the same problem with automations when printing a date in a document or a mail. I solved this issue by adding a formula field in my table to format the date as I want it to be printed, for example 

DATETIME_FORMAT({Date},'DD/MM/YYYY')), and then use this field in my automation when printing to a document or a mail.

Regards

Pascal

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Might be a timezone issue.  Could you try setting your "DOB" field to "GMT/UTC" and see what the value is?

Hello Andy,

In case changing field settings does not work.

I have faced the same problem with automations when printing a date in a document or a mail. I solved this issue by adding a formula field in my table to format the date as I want it to be printed, for example 

DATETIME_FORMAT({Date},'DD/MM/YYYY')), and then use this field in my automation when printing to a document or a mail.

Regards

Pascal

Can't see GMT/UTC option for our date fields. I tried the European one and that had no effect.

Thank you Pascal.

Ah, I completely misunderstood your problem, sorry about that!  Glad you got it sorted!