2340 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sal_Ohcin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m looking to import and categorize my amazon purchases.
I have all of my purchases in a spreadsheet that I downloaded from Amazon (after I requested it). It lists each item by ASIN (a unique ID# for each product) but it does not include the category (e.g., Home and Kitchen, vs. Baby vs. Food, etc).
I can search by ASIN on a third party website (https://amazon-asin.com/) and it will give me the category.
Does anyone know how to write a script that can go to a webpage and retrieve the category text? I’m not good with writing code so curious if this is possible. And if so, can someone assist me or point me in the right direction?
Thanks so much

6 Replies 6

Are you an MWS reseller?

No. just doing it for personal finance reasons.

Okay, three observations:

1. It is possible for a script to do this, but there are services out there that can do it for you (like Apify).
  2. The script is not trivial and further, such activity tends to violate your ToS with Amazon. It’s not illegal per-se, but it is cause for termination of all access to Amazon.
  3. The cost of acquiring such information for personal reasons is likely impractical given the benefit.

Thank you @Bill.French for your thoughtful and very helpful response

Basic product info can be obtained without the MWS API.

You should be able to use the Product Advertising API to get a lot of product information.

Although I haven’t used them, there are several Google Sheets solutions that can retrieve Amazon product information.

BlockSpring and Gorilla

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Sal_Ohcin

You could also look into using Integromat.

You will have to check it out and if it might cause any problems with Amazon.

Mary Kay