Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syncollective
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

image.png

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 8.41.38 PM.png

I am seeking to copy values from certain fields on one grid / table to another table. The fields names are different for most being copied over to the other table. 

I currently have automation triggers that send clients an email:

1. Once we approve a song and send a welcome email (For clients we're onboarding for the first time)

2. Once we approve a song intake (For clients we have been working with and we're accepting new material from)

If possible once things are approved from either of these automations I would like to have an automation that sends the approved songs to our "Full Repped Catalog" table. That way we can have record of everything we represent. 

Is this possible to do? 

2 Replies 2

Yeap, you'd trigger an automation when you approve stuff and use a "Create record" action to create the stuff in the new table.  It'd be all manual and you'd have to click into each field you want to copy over and select it though

I take it there's a business reason why you can't use views for this instead?  For example, if you had a checkbox called "Approved" and marked it for approved songs, you could create a view with a filter that only displays those approved songs

alopulid233
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
  1. Identify Key Fields: Determine the primary fields in both tables that need to be synchronized or updated.

2. Choose Automation Tool: Select an app or automation tool that supports data integration between different tables, such as Zapier, Integromat, or a custom-built solution.

3. Set Up Triggers: Define specific triggers in the app that will initiate the automation process, such as record creation, update, or deletion.

4. Map Fields: Map corresponding fields between the two tables to ensure that data is transferred accurately.

5. Create Workflow: Develop a workflow in the app that outlines the steps for copying or updating records between the tables.

6. Apply Conditions: Set conditions to filter which records should be automated, ensuring that only relevant data is processed.

7. Test Automation: Run tests to confirm that the automation works correctly and that records are accurately transferred or updated.

8. Handle Errors: Implement error handling within the app to manage any issues that arise during the automation process, such as data mismatches.

9. Set Frequency: Determine how often the automation should run, whether in real-time, on a schedule, or in response to specific events.

10. Monitor Automation: Regularly monitor the automation process through the app’s dashboard to ensure it continues to function as expected.

11. Optimize Performance: Adjust settings or workflows within the app to improve efficiency and reduce processing time.

12. Document Process: Document the automation setup within the app, including steps, conditions, and any custom scripts, for future reference or troubleshooting.